My commute to the office on my penultimate day of work, at my workplace of close to three and a half years in Delhi, turned out to be unexpectedly long and multi-modal.
After waking up in a bed in Lucknow:
- Drive to the airport in a car (Free, thanks to the generosity of a kind cousin who woke up early and dropped me).
- Flight to Delhi (Rs. 1905).
- Shuttle bus from Terminal 1D to Terminal 3 (Rs. 20).
- Airport Express Metro, Terminal 3 to Shivaji Stadium Metro Station (Rs. 50).
- Autorickshaw from Shivaji Stadium Metro Station to the office (Rs. 30, with some negotiation).
Total time spent on commute: 4h 15m (7:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.).
Total money spent on commute: Rs. 2005.
Number of automobiles driven during commute: 5.
Number of automobiles driven during commute by self: 0.
Carbon mileage: Unknown
(1) A train from Lucknow to Delhi (instead of a flight) would have earned me more carbon credits, but set me back by an additional 3 hours (approximately).
(2) A taxi from the airport to the office (instead of taking three different types of public transport) would have earned me fewer carbon credits.]
Total number of coffees consumed: 0.